Tuesday, 31 May 2011

Banana Split Splendor



My hubby was away this weekend and I had really been missing him. So on a cold and lonely Sunday, I decided to send him something to remind him how much he had been missing me too. As we all know, the quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. So I conjured up the most scrumptious thing I think of, and covered it in chocolate. I Must be
honest here, I think these are the naughtiest pictures I have ever taken.

Banana Split Splendor



What you need:
  • 200ml Butter
  • 300ml Caster sugar
  • 200ml Buttermilk
  • 200ml Milk
  • 4 Eggs (separated)
  • 3 Mashed bananas
  • 600ml Self raising flour
  • Pinch of salt
  • Dark Chocolate
  • Nuts
  • Cream

  • 250g Icing sugar
  • 50g Coco
  • 100ml Hot milk

How it's done:
  1. Preheat the oven to 160'C and line your spring form tin.
  2. Cream the butter and sugar, and then slowly add you egg yolks. (use an electrical beater will help)
  3. Add your milk, buttermilk and banana.
  4. Add your dry ingredients, and fold in to the mixture
  5. Beat your egg whites until stiff, fold into mixture with nuts and chocolate.
  6. Pour into your cake tin and bake for 60 - 70 mins
  7. While the cake bakes, heat the milk and add the icing sugar and coco. (add more icing sugar if you feel it is too runny)
  8. When your cake has cooled, pour the icing over and serve with some whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment