Sunday, 17 July 2011

Poor Man's Pasta

Right so I know it's been a while, but I've recently resigned (Tandlet jumping for joy in the backround) and with doing so, I have been so poor, I couldn't afford internet... or food, whichever sounds more convincing. The truth is, although I have been cooking, I sadly have had writers block, and as lame as my excuses may sound, it's even more lame that I spent an entire month trying to make them up. Anyway never the less I do apologise, you must be starved.

In light of the reality of unemployment I must say cooking on a budget has been tough, but luckily it has given room for some creativity. Poor Man's Pasta was invented with bits and bobs found in the fridge, and thankfully landed up rather tasty!

What you need:

  • Tin of chopped tomatoes
  • Bacon
  • Onion
  • Mushrooms
  • If possible left over roasted vegetables
  • Pasta
  • Garlic
  • Chili
  • Milk
  • Red wine


How it's done:

  1. Place a pot on to boil for your pasta.
  2. Blend up your left over vegetables
  3. Chop your onion, mushrooms, garlic, chili and bacon and place in your pot/deep pan, and cook until soft
  4. Add your blended vegetables and tin of tomatoes and simmer for a minute. (please remember to season as you go along, with sugar, salt and pepper)
  5. Add some wine to sand simmer.
  6. When your pasta is ready, add 100ml of milk to the sauce, stir and serve.


* How I roast my vegetables:
I rub them in basil pesto, place them into a deep dish, dribble some oil over and add some butter in the last 5 mins.....delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment