Sunday, 15 May 2011

Honey for my Hubby

So, yesterday my hubby and I decided to have a threesome with a dirty slut called Influenza. Rather adventurous of us I know, but it wasn't going as well as one would think a Menage a Trois should go. So to cheer our miserable selves up, I thought that I would make pancakes for breakfast. All I can say is that, that little affair was the best thing we could ever do. While the rain outside played an important part to our enjoyment, I honestly feel that the Raw Wild Flower Honey was the star of the show.

What was needed:

  • 250ml cake flour
  • 200ml milk
  • 200ml water
  • 3 table spoons of butter/oil
  • Table spoon of sugar
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 egg
  • Bacon
  • Honey/Syrup (we got our honey from the Cheese and Wine Festival so it really is something special)
  • Cinnamon
  • Lemon
How they were made:

  1. Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a bowl.
  2. Measure out the milk and water in a jug and add the butter. Place into the microwave for a minute.
  3. While stirring the warm mixture add an egg and beat (you may also add some vanilla to the mixture).
  4. Pour the liquid into the flour and beat until smooth. Pour through a sieve into another bowl/jug.
  5. Place the bacon under the grill in the oven, and keep an eye on it while you fry the pancakes.
  6. When you have made your pancakes and bacon you can roll your pancakes.
What I did for my lover was:
  • Squirt lemon onto the pancakes, place the bacon in the centre and roll the pancakes, i finished them with honey on top
What I did for myself:
  • I love your simple cinnamon and sugar pancake, so I squirted my lemon, dusted with cinnamon and drizzled the honey into the center of the pancake, rolled them up and enjoyed every moment of eating them.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so yummy, you've inspired me to make pancakes for Trist (...a first, I'll have you know- LOL) Awesome blog Tand... XXX

    ReplyDelete